Just a rant....**smile**


Have I ever mentioned just how much I detest restroom conversations?  I do believe they make the top ten of my biggest pet peeves list.  I personally believe that restroom time should be a private affair without conversation or notice. 
 

I work on a college campus so the restrooms have several stalls; six in most restrooms.  I hate it when I go in and there’s someone standing at the sink washing their hands and they’re all like, “Hey, how’s it going?”  You answer and go into a stall.  And then the horrific second question, “how’s work?  Have ya’ll been busy? How’s the family? or Is your grandbaby doing ok?”  Oh.  My.  Word.  Leave me alone.  If I wanted to talk, I wouldn’t have come in here.

Or, how about when you go in and there are a couple of people standing there having a conversation.  Really?  In the restroom?  Go somewhere else.

It gets even worse.  There’s someone in the next stall and they are talking (hopefully on their cell phone).  I don’t get it. Why would you go into a stall and make a phone call?  Why would you answer your phone when you’re in a stall?

The rest room is for taking care of business that can’t be taken care of elsewhere.  Talking is for in your office, or in the hall, or outside, or anywhere else that is not in the restroom.

 

OK.  Rant over.  Thank you for listening, now back to your life.

 

Comments

Popular Posts