My favorite season

I was reading a blog not too long ago and the question had been posed to the blogger, "what age do you enjoy most with your children?".  I really liked her answer.  She said that she enjoyed whatever age her children happened to be at that moment the most.  I haven't been blogging and I really want to.  There are so many ideas that float constantly in my head.  I seldom have the time to deal with them properly, so there is always a desire in me to write.  Now, I am sitting here ready to write, but there are no thoughts as to what I could write at this moment.  I google 'prompts for bloggers' and lo and behold, there I am.  How utterly embarrassing!  It was the first of March and my goal was to blog every day of March.  I didn't make it. LOL 

Well, here we are.  So, the prompt that I found was, "What is your favorite season?".  What is my favorite season?  I normally would say fall because I get so tired of being hot I normally can not wait for cooler weather when we are about half way through summer.

It is spring now and it is around 80 degrees outside.  I went for a walk with a co-worker and it was BEAUTIFUL outside.  It's not too hot, the bees were buzzing, the flowers are blooming and it was just enjoyable.  It has been so cold and dark this winter that I have been pining for spring.  So, I'm not really sure what my favorite season of the year is.

Now, as I shared with you to begin with I really like the way that the blogger answered the question about her favorite age with her children.  When it comes to seasons of life, I think I could answer the same way.  I really enjoy whatever season of life I am in. 

I loved being a teenager and not having alot of responsibilities.  Hanging out with friends and just having fun all of the time.  I loved my twenties when my husband and I first married and we actually had a little money left over at the end of the week so that we could have dinner out.  Then we started having children and had absolutely no money so the few dinners out were even more special. The thirties came along.  Our children were getting bigger and not having to be watched every second of every day and life 'seemed' to be a little easier.  I loved those times.

Now we are entering another season of life.  Our oldest child has a baby now. He'll be a year old in a few short months.  I love being a Lolli (grandmother).  It seems like the best ever season of life, but they have all been wonderful.  My husband and I seem to have more time together because the kids are older and they can help with things around the house.  Life doesn't seem so busy, but then on the other hand there is always something that needs to be done.

I don't think I could ever pick a 'favorite'.  I am thankful for every day that the Lord gives me.  In Phillipians 4:11, the Bible says, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  I think the Lord inspired those words because He wanted us to be happy in every season. 

So, I won't claim a favorite season.  I think I'll just (try to) be content in any season of the year, or any season of life, that I find myself in.

Comments

Popular Posts