Let's Get Fired Up!

Sunday was homecoming at our church.  It was a great day with friends, food and fellowship.  I always love having a chance to watch people interact and visit and enjoy good food together.  It does us good to have special singing and preaching (which the Partain family did a great job of) and of course the fellowship afterward is always wonderful .

Since we didn't have church Sunday night, my husband and I decided to take our family and be in church with our former Pastor, Bro. Johnny Simpson. It was a great 'testimony' service.  I say 'testimony' but it reminded me a lot of when our church has 'Popcorn Preaching' (several preachers having about 10 minutes each to preach), because I'm pretty sure we heard four or five messages.

One thing that really blessed my heart was a family that seemed really excited about the service.  A couple of them testified a couple of times and their faces just glowed with happiness.  I thought, what have they got that I don't?  I mean, I was enjoying the service, but they were ENJOYING the service. During the service the Pastor's wife stood and testified and said how having some new Christians in their church that were excited about their salvation had helped her.  When she said that, I knew why those people were so excited.  They were newly saved.  They were still excited about the fact that they weren't going to hell and that the God of all creation loves them.  Convicting, right?

Maybe it's just me that finds it convicting, I don't know.  I've been saved for 24 years, maybe I just need to be reminded of what I'm missing.  If you need to be reminded too, here are some thoughts to consider.

We have been adopted into the family of GOD and He is our Father.  Let's thing about this:  The Creator of this world that we live in,  The Creator of the stars that we look at in the sky,  The Creator of the sun and moon and solar system and all the things in the sky,  The Creator of the beach and oceans and the mountains that are so peaceful, The Creator of all the animals that we enjoy sharing the world with, The Creator of man and The Creator of everything else.

That's enough right?
Not only are we adopted into a Royal family, but the God of all creation loves us and cares for us.

Not only that but, we also have access to the Throne room of God.



What else do we need, right?

There's so much more.  There are so many blessing of being a Christian.  But, let's not forget:

WE'RE NOT GOING TO HELL.

Enough said...let's get fired up.

Comments

Popular Posts