Pssst.....I'm back

Hi.  It's me.  You know, the one who wants to be consistent (with anything), but just can't seem to work it out.  LOL  Yep, I'm back again.  Random as always.

So, what's been going on with me?  Well, we welcomed our grandbaby in June.

He has filled our lives with so much joy!  I look forward to any time that I have to look at him, hold him, change him, feed him or anything else.  Anytime that I can be in the vicinity that he is in, I am happy.  Remember when I couldn't decide on a name for him to call me?  Well, we decided on Lolli for me and Pop for my husband, but I really don't care what he calls me.  He can call me ugly if he wants to, just so he calls me something.  That's pretty much where my brain and my time has been spent since June.  When I have free time and I'm not with him, I am trying to figure out how I can remedy that situation. 

I also started a new job this month.  I am still with the college, but I moved away from the cashier window.  (THANK YOU, JESUS!!!)  I am now the Program Assistant for WIA which stands for Workforce Investment Act.  The bottom line is that we help people to get training and go to work.  WIA provides the funding for people to go to school and then we help them find a job once they finish their program.  So far I am very happy with this new job.  I am a lot less stressed, and I hope that it stays that way.

We are a week away from our chuch's 2nd annual Trunk or Treat, and I am extremely excited about that.  I don't think a church is doing all it is meant to do without some type of outreach.  I know that there are those out there that don't agree with giving out candy at Halloween and frankly, I just don't give a rip.  It's not about Halloween; it's not even about the candy.  It's about giving our time and investing some of it into the lives of our community.  I know that a hotdog and a bag full of candy is not much, but it's a start. 

That's about it for today.  I can see that I'm about to have a Preacher's wife preaching spell, so I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Until next time,

Tab

Comments

Popular Posts