I committed to posting every day of December....As you can see, I haven't fulfilled my commitment. So, today I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things about Christmas. I love Christmas time and what it stands for. I am so thankful that Jesus sacrificed time in Heaven to experience life as we know it. It amazes me when I think about how He humbled Himself to become a baby to be cared for by others. And then He grew through childhood and experienced all the things that we did. Then He became a man and taught us by His example that you can live a separated and surrendered life. Of course we can't forget the ultimate sacrifice of Calvary. So, Christmastime is very special to me.



Christmas Eve has always been one of my most favorite days of the year. I love visiting with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins all at once. It was always our tradition to eat lunch on Christmas Eve with my mom's family. When I started dating my husband, we continued that tradition and then would eat dinner with his family. After we got married we continued those traditions and added going back to my parents home to open gifts with them. Now, we do all that and then I cook breakfast on Christmas morning and our son (and now his wife) comes over to eat breakfast. It is (in my opinion) the MOST wondeful time of the year.





Another thing that I LOVE about Christmastime is the music. I love music. I love to listen to it, I love to sing it, I just LOVE it!!! I get so excited around Thanksgiving when some radio stations start playing Christmas music full time. As a matter of fact, the only time I listen to the radio in my vehicle is at Christmastime. So, what is my favorite Christmas song? I don't know if I could pick just one. I absolutely love Oh, Holy Night, but then I also love What Child Is This. It is also fun to sing along with the silly songs such as Santa Claus Is Coming To Town or Frosty the Snow Man. But what would this time of year be without The Christmas Song or Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas. I don't think I can choose.

Here is one of my favorite pictures from Christmas past....



What is your favorite Christmas memory or Christmas song?



Comments

Popular Posts