Questions about 2013...

I copied these questions from a friend's blog and thought I would share my answers here. Feel free to use these questions to evaluate your 2013 and share them on your blog or just use it for personal growth.

What was the single best thing that happened this past year? My son married his true love and she is a wonderful girl, so I am very happy for them.





What was an unexpected joy this past year? Finding out that I will have a grandbaby in 2014!

What was an unexpected obstacle? An unexpected loss.....

Pick three words to describe 2013. Unbelievable, Hopeful, though-provoking

Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2013 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). Hard, empowering, faith-building

What were the best books you read this year? Bible, The Intervention series by Terri Blackstock

With whom were your most valuable relationships? My husband and my children

What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? I think I would say it would be acceptance. 2013 was a hard year and just accepting that God’s way is the best way was probably my biggest lesson learned.

In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I grew a thicker skin. I don’t know if that was a good thing.

In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? Accepting that there are seasons in our life, some are hard and some are wonderful, but they are all for our benefit and His glory.

In what way(s) did you grow physically? Besides my clothing size? I don’t think I did well in that area….

In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I learned to accept people for who they are.

What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)? I went from a 30 hour week to a 40 hour week at work. Even though it’s only ten hours, it has been an adjustment. I am thankful that I was able to go full time, but I’m still getting used to the extra hours. At home, we changed our homeschool program and I’m doing a horrible job with it, that’s one BIG thing I need to improve on this year.

What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Candy crush. (Can I get a witness?)

What was the best way you used your time this past year? I can’t really pick just one….so here’s the short list.
Time w/ family, the Sword’s Ladies Jubilee, doing hair for family/friends, teaching Sunday School, Brooke's Sweet 16 and laughing.

What was biggest thing you learned this past year? I need to spend more time with my parents and grandparents. Life is short, time is precious and I don’t want to regret how I spent it.

Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you. I’ll just use the words of the Psalmist from Psalm 139:8 - 10
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Comments

Popular Posts