What's that bubbling up?


This week has been interesting, to say the least.  Monday night my toilet wouldn’t flush in my restroom.  My son got out of the shower in the other restroom and the water had stopped draining.  I got the plunger and started working on the toilet in my restroom.  While I was doing that my husband walked in and said, “What’s going on?”  I told him about the toilet and the shower (while I’m still plunging) and about that time there was a really bad smell.  He said, “oh no!  We’ve got problems!” and he ran out.  I looked over in the tub and saw what the smell was.  Old sewage was backing up into the tub.  He came back in and grabbed the plunger from me and tried to get things going, but nothing was happening.  He went to the other restroom and flushed that toilet and nothing happened.  Through lots of plunging, making calls to different individuals and taking a toilet out of the floor we discovered that our sewer was full and needed to be pumped out.  How I made it through those first 45 minutes of plunging and sucking up toilet water with the shop vac, I don’t know, but I did make it. 


If this has never happened to you, pray that it don’t.  It is not pleasant.  It will make you never want to step into your tub again.  EVER.  I have even had a few fleeting thoughts of just walking away from the house and never looking back, but I don’t think that would be a good idea.  I love my home.  It is the one that God blessed us with and we have fought hard to keep it, so I think we’ll just hang on.

 

I have been thinking about the bubbling up part.  You don’t look at your tub and expect anything to come out of the drain, especially sewage.  But sometimes when things aren’t right in the plumbing, it happens. 

It is so important to guard your heart and keep your testimony clean.  Proverbs 4:23 says, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life”.  If we put good things in our eyes, ears and hearts, good things will come out. ( Matthew 12:34  for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh).  If we bring bad things in, then those bad things are going to bubble up and seep out.  NOT GOOD…figuratively or literally.

 

Don’t be like the septic tank and have so much bad stuff in you that it all comes spewing out.  Take the time today to examine your life and if anything needs to be removed, ask the Lord to help you.  He will.

Comments

Popular Posts