Reflection


A while back I asked my Facebook friends to help me by giving me some topics to blog about.  Like I said, it’s been a WHILE back, but I’m trying to get this going. 

This week’s word is reflection. 
 
I looked the word up on dictionary.com and this is what it said:  the act of reflecting or the state of being reflected; an image or representation; fixing the thoughts on something; careful consideration; a thought occurring in consideration or meditation.

 When I first looked at the list and saw this word, I immediately thought about being a reflection of Jesus.  We were made in the image of God and therefore should be a reflection of His Son.   Read this passage from Colossians 3:12 – 17.  These are some things that should be reflected in our lives:




 

Our lives should mirror Christ’s life.  If you think about the time that He spent here on Earth, everything He did led up to His sacrifice for us.  He was always thinking of others and doing for others.  As a Christian, it is our job to put others before our self.  Romans 12:10 says,   Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;” 

Only when we put other’s needs before our own can we become a true reflection of Christ.

 


Create in me a clean heart, O God,

And help me to consider those around me.

Help me to be a true reflection of Your Son.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Comments

Popular Posts