Why I like the 30 day Scripture Writing Plan

In November, or the first part of December, I saw something on Facebook about a Christmas Scripture Writing Plan.  I thought that would be a great thing to do and I even shared it on my page. Through the craziness of December, I kind of forgot all about it.  At the end of December someone mentioned the plan on facebook and it jogged my memory.  So, I went searching for another writing plan to do.  I found a New Year Scripture Writing Plan on Pinterest and decided that I would try to do that for January.




Today is day six and I am really enjoying writing down the scriptures.  When I was writing the scripture yesterday, it hit me that my scripture journal might be a blessing to my kids, my grands or my great-grands some day.  There's something special about the hand written word.  (Who knows how much writing they'll be doing in the future.)  Also, what if Bibles were out-lawed in the future?  Maybe something like a journal could be kept and they would have scriptures written that they could look back on.  Hopefully that will never happen, but if it does they will have a journal to look back at.

I have only been writing down the verses, but I think I will add more of my own thoughts to the journal.  I would love to have a journal of some of my grandparents to know what was going on in their world or to know what they would have thought about a scripture passage.  Maybe I'm getting a little sappy in my old age.  LOL  But, if no one ever reads it, I will never know so I think I'll just keep on writing.

If you are interested in doing one of the Scripture Writing Plans, you can do a search on Pinterest and you will find lots of choices.  Here is where you'll find the one that I'm doing:  http://www.swtblessings.com/2015/01/new-year-scripture-writing-plan.html#.Vo2LDfkrK71  (I haven't looked around her blog yet, so I don't know what else you might find on there.)

Have you ever done anything like the Scripture Writing Plan?  How did you like it?

Comments

  1. This is interesting. I'll have to consider trying this out at some point. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts