Bucket list?



Several years ago a movie came out called "Bucket List" and of course I'd never heard of that and didn't have a clue what a 'bucket list' was. Apparently, a bucket list is all of the things that you want to accomplish before you die. I've wanted to write out a list so that I can 'see' how close I'm getting to doing all those things I want to do, so I started one last night. I sat there for about an hour looking at a piece of paper. I wrote down seven things. My first thought was to write down 40 things since I turned 40 on my birthday, but that seemed like a lot. Then I thought, "Maybe I can think of twenty things". All I could come up with was seven.

I started thinking, "is this it? Is this all I want to do before I say goodbye to this world?" Then, the answer came to me. It's not that I don't want to accomplish a lot in this world, it's just that it doesn't have as much meaning to me as what will happen after this world. To a child of God, this is just a pit-stop. We will only be here a short while and then we will go HOME. My priorities are to do what God has for me to do so that when He calls me home I'll be ready. I don't want to leave any jobs undone or half-done. I want to do all I do with all my might.

Of course, I'm not saying that we shouldn't have goals. I do believe that we should have goals and priorities. I believe that God put us here for a purpose and that while we are here He means for us to enjoy our time. As a parent, I am to teach my children. As a wife, I am to be a help to my husband. As a Christian, I am to live my life in a way that would be pleasing to God. As a student, I am to complete my assignments. As an employee, I am to focus and give 100% while I am on the job. The only way to keep a balance in life is to have priorities and goals.

I'm gonna keep my list of seven things, and maybe I'll add to it as time goes by.


So, since this post has been sitting here for a while waiting to be finished, life happened.....

The grandbabies who keep me busy on my days off....


I've been going through some of the posts that never made it to the 'publish' stage.  I read this one and really liked it and wanted to share it with anyone who might want to read it.  I did make my Bucket List or Life List a lot longer than seven things, but I haven't really focused on doing much that I wrote down.  My personality is a lot like Dory's.  That is why I'm thinking of renaming the blog to Dory's Dreamings......
If my name were in a dictionary, this would be the picture.

Here is where you can find my Life List.  I will be able to mark off a few more things after our vacation this year.

Comments

Popular Posts