B is for Beauty

a2z: Take 2. Patty Wysong Helping bloggers blog.
This week’s letter in the A2Z take 2 meme is ‘B’. My word for the week is Beauty. Does that surprise you? I think more about beauty now than I ever have. Have you ever thought about how much money you spend each year on looking good? I tried to make a list and add up what I spend on beauty. Now, one thing you should keep in mind is that I get all my haircuts for free and I only have to pay for the actual color products when I get color or highlights, AND I am able to make a couple of big orders of Mary Kay a year and get all of my makeup, cleansers, moisturizers and other face necessities for half price. I figured that I probably spend a couple of thousand dollars a year. WOW!! I tried to do a little research to see if I could find out the average amount that women spend yearly. I didn’t find a lot of ‘dependable’ information, but if I just had to make a guess I would say that the average would be upwards to $10,000 a year. I can’t imagine spending that amount. When you start thinking about all the things that it takes to make us look good and how many hit and miss products we try out that we don’t like and have to replace with something else, that figure could be reasonable. While thinking about what I could blog about this week, I couldn’t get that verse in Romans out of my mind. It says, “And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”(Romans 10:15) I have this thing about feet. I think they are all ugly, and yet the Bible calls them beautiful. REALLY? How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace. Even though I see no beauty in feet, the Lord does. Right before Jesus ascended back into Heaven He gave us one thing to do. “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”(Mark 16:15) If we look around we can see that there are not very many people carrying out the great commission. So, in the Lord’s eyes, the ones that do it are beautiful and we should give them respect and honor. How long has it been since you shared Jesus? Maybe it’s time we spend a little less time and effort on our personal beauty and a lot more time on telling about our wonderful Savior.

Comments

  1. Great post with a lot to think about regarding true beauty. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who struggles with body image issues, I was just thinking yesterday that GOD thinks all our bodies are beautiful, no matter our size or shape. Kind of a different perspective for me on beauty.
    And reading this today reminded me of that, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts