If you were going to be stuck in an elevator for two hours, who would you want with you?

I sincerely hope that this never happens to me.  I can't hardly imagine being stuck in a nasty elevator.  Where would you sit or put your hands?  If this happens, I really hope I have some hand sanitizer.  EWWWWW....

I was looking for writing prompts and found this one for today's date so I thought I would take a stab at it.

I could go the easy route and say I would want me hubby with me (and more than likely if it was outside of working hours, that's who I would be with), but I'm trying to step out of the box here.  I could say my kids because naturally that's who the next 'victims' should be, right? That could be really fun or really horrible.  Two of my kids would make a big game out of it and the other would be claustrophobic.  I could also be 'christianly correct' and say Jesus because that's what all good Christian ladies should say, but He's gonna be with me no matter where I am so that's not really stretching.

I got to thinking about this and someone did come to mind.  I have a friend that I used to work with.  Her name is Bonnie and we used to go eat lunch together just about every day at work.  It was our break from reality (and our co-workers) and we always had the best times.  I mean, when I say we had the best times I am not kidding.  I gained ten pounds that year.  It was awesome...not the poundage, but the fun times and food.

I will never forget the first day that she came to work at our office.  There were several of us in the hall and we were talking about going out to lunch.  She said, "I'll drive, I'm always the designated driver.  Not that I drink....my husband is a preacher.  I just like to drive."  I liked her instantly.

We bonded over the next -however long we worked together- and became good friends.  It's been a long time since we got together so it would be great to just sit....in the elevator....and chat and reminisce.  I'm sure we'd have a great time together and hopefully someone could bring us some food and send it down the elevator shaft.  Then, it would be kind of like old times.

Who would you want to be stuck in an elevator with?

Comments

  1. Is that a tear welling in my eye? No, I believe it is two, no three! Oh boy! I need a Kleenex. This is the sweetest post Tab and I thank you for such kind words and such a fond remembrance of our meeting. I absolutely feel the same about you and I was blessed to have met you during my short tenure at [our place of employment] in which we shared so many fun times. Despite our workload and the busy days, we somehow found ways to insert nuggets of fun, and often times anonymously, without letting anyone know we were actually having fun. hehe! As my fellow pharmacist and partner in Christ, we sure stocked the nicest pharmaceutical cabinet in Carroll County. Who needed Tanner when you could go to the accounting department for a quick bandage, antibiotic cream or something to relieve those stressful headaches [smiley face]. We sure had some fun times and even spread God's word doing it. Yes, working with you was a pleasure and those few extra pounds was worth it all! At least we did walk to some of our feeding grounds in lieu of driving. Doesn't that count? Anyway, you are amazing and I'd love to be stuck on an elevator with you any day - well, except for Fridays - those are 1/2 price lunch at my favorite restaurant! Let's just hope if we do ever get stuck together, one of us will have a pack of crackers in our purse. Friends don't let friends eat alone (or hide the crackers while stuck on elevators). For The Life of You . . . may God bless you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts